I have updated this page to cover the Apocrypha changes. All the silo pictures where you can see a red heading have been changed or in the Hybrid Polymers silo it's new.
The intention of this section is to show you what each type of silo is used for and what each one can hold.
ALL silos can be used in high sec space.
I'll start with a general description:
- Silo - This is used mainly for moon harvesting and linking with reactors
- Catalyst Silo - Used for storing Biohazards
- General Silo - Used for storing general trade items.
- Hazardous Chemical Silo - Used for storing Boosters
- BioChemical Silo - Used for storing Gas Cloud products
- Hybrid Polymers Silo - Used to hold Hybrid Polymers (used in Tech III production)
General Silo Information
- Silo's are generally linked via the control tower manage screen to a reactor or harvester, whether the reactor be for boosters or tech II materials.
- Silos have to be offlined before they can be emptied.
- Silos can hold refined ore from refineries but a refinery cannot automatically empty into a silo.
- Silos can only hold 1 type of any material at any one time, this is set by the user via the control tower manage - processes - production screen.
This silo is the most widely used, it is mainly used for holding moon harvester minerals.
A moon harvester can output into a silo or direct into a reactor.
When using a reactor to mix tech II materials the silo can hold the materials being mixed (or come straight from a reactor) and the mixed material itself (output of the reactor).
A coupling array can be used as an intermediate holding space between structures and silos. It can be used instead of a silo but it doesn't hold anywhere near as much as a silo does.
The coupling array holds everything that a Normal Silo holds, it does not hold anything else from any other silo.
Click on a picture below to show what each silo holds:
|Normal Silo||Hybrid Polymers Silo|
|General Silo||Catalyst Silo||Biochemical Silo||Hazardous Chemical Silo|